Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Hello Again!

I thought I might give this blog thing another try.  I have one blog, View from Sarah's Quilt Room, which I don't keep up to date very much.  I hope to rectify that soon.  I hope I can do better with this one.  I hope for this blog to be more of a how-to of specific methods with today's techniques and tools.  I love to recreate old quilts - not that I have done that many but I have done a few.  At least I dream of doing more;  for me, the fun is dissecting the old ones down to solve the size of the block from it's overall size - if given.  Otherwise I may recreate in miniature.  I love small quilts also - and reproduction fabrics.  I doubt you will see much else here when it comes to fabric.

I am first going to start off with doing some of the techniques I used or came up with when doing my Dear Jane(c).  I finished my DJ in 2002 and it has won several awards of which I am very proud.  My quilt, "In Changing Times" took just over 3 years of my life to complete and I have become known 'round these parts as the DJ guru.  I came up with ideas to use that made constructing my quilt easier-at least for me.  I have been teaching Dear Jane(c) for over 10 years now and was asked to write block instructions for a very popular Dear Jane(c) Block of the Month at a local shop. The shop started the program in 2004 and it is still going on almost 10 years later.  I have been told by my students that they now look at blocks differently after seeing how I constructed the blocks.

I hope you will check back soon as I plan to start with Prepared Applique.  You may get a tidbit or two to help you out on your Dear Jane Journey.  Definitely a journey worth taking if you are quiltmaker.  I learned so much on my trip.

Always learning,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, it is an honor to follow this new blog. Your directions spelling out reverse applique and how to rassle with A-3 Hunter's Moon are splendid. I cannot thank you enough.

    Jeanne in Michigan

    ReplyDelete